The Hoosier Chapter was founded in 1957, ten years after
the American Public Relations Association merged with
the National Association of Public Relations Counselors
to form PRSA. And much like our home, the Chapter has
grown and changed dramatically in 44 years. Contrast
the reports in 2001 with those of 1965: Today about
80 members regularly attend the monthly luncheons of
the chapter, which with 320 members is one of the largest
among 113 nationwide. In 1965 it numbered 44 and thought
15 was a great meeting turnout.
Throughout time the Chapter has won three national chapter
membership incentive awards, hosted three East Central
District conferences, been named the top among all chapters
for management, received the chapter excellence award
for professional development, been cited for placing
fourth for membership retention and new members, collectively
won three PRSA Silver Anvil Awards -- and a lot more.
Click here for a complete history, authored
by Ann Rein, member since 1982.